Monday, April 18, 2016

Life on Rabi

Well the first picture is of me with some good old pink eye. Funny story about that is literally it was like a pink eye disease that took over Fiji. Like literally everyone and their dog got pink eye.....missionaries, Fijians everyone. It was crazy hahaha



This is weird named toilet paper lol



The next two pics are of me and my good Elder friends and my comp all eating pizza as usual.  My love for pizza hasn't stopped. 




This is me looking swaggy with shades #SWAG haha


So our favorite treat/thing to eat on Rabi is PIE... custard pie to be exact. It is just the most heavenly thing in the world and nothing is healthy about it.  And none of it tastes like fish or rice, so that's always a plus. But anyways one of the ladies in our ward that runs the store makes the best pie so last p-day we spent the whole day making and eating pie with an old lady #CRAZYP-DAY haha So ya.. we ate some pie then we went to a house for dinner and they made pie as well So definitely not the healthiest day ever. haha The one picture is how we preserved our pan of pie. Because there is no fridge we didn't want it to go bad and there is no plastic wrap here so we also had to figure out how to protect it from all the bugs. So we wrapped it in a old mosquito net and then put it in the window sill so it could keep cool overnight. Yup this is #Rabi Life hahah






This is the cutest baby in a bucket!


And then us hanging out with the cutest baby in the world. He is so funny!



And then another surprise happened last week. After zone conference, the AP's came out on transfers in Rabi! That was pretty exciting because Rabi is pretty far from Suva but man we showed them the true Rabi experience for sure haha. So me and Elder Johnson, one of the aps, were on splits in the farthest village from our flat. So we were prosylyting there and we missed the car...... so after the three lessons we taught, we had to walk a full 12 miles back home in the dark. Literally the longest walk of my entire life! Just walking over mountains and on sand and wow it was so tough. After, the AP's said that that was the hardest they have ever worked for 3 lessons haha Thats the Rabi life! But man it was so good to have exchanges with them. They are such great Elders and really have their head on straight. I just learned so much how to be a better missionary from them.


One thing that I'm really working hard on is prayer. Just making my prayers a conversation with God. So every night I have a little prayer cheat sheet I use to think about what happened that day, what I'm grateful for and what to pray for. Man it has made a world of difference. I've started feeling more and more connected with God in the work and I love it. If any of you need help just pray He will answer!

Well last of the pictures....as always Rabi work is pretty crazy. This week it has literally rained all week non stop causing severe flooding, like in some parts of the island it was up to people's chests! It was just muddy and rainy and crazy and wow. But miracles happen when we work hard. We tried our best to push through it, and we got 19 lessons! Amazing... it was just a week of blessings for hard work! So awesome!




This is a picture of me, Elder Alonzo and our favorite member. Me and Elder Alonzo have been together out on this island now for 6 full months. It has just been awesome. I mean 6 months isolated on an island would be long with anyone, but we have become such great friends. We just feel like brothers doing the Lord's work and it's been awesome! I'm really going to miss him, but today we just got the call that Elder Alonzo is moving to train a new missionary somewhere else, and I will be staying and training a new Elder here in Rabi! Crazy stuff, because we are both training! I'm so nervous for the responsibility of training but I know that God qualifies those he calls and he will help me lead this Elder on the right path! I love this work and know it's true and I'm so excited to keep pushing the work in Rabi more and more!



Oh and the other picture is how we taught one of our investigators who we saw walking to his farm. But we really wanted to teach him so we just had him sit on the side of the road with us as we taught him the plan of salvation. Hahaha.  We teach absolutely anywhere!





No comments:

Post a Comment