Monday, November 14, 2016

Great week!!

Well another great week in the mission field. I'm just absolutely loving every minute out here. Time is going way too fast but I'm trying to just grab every single thing I can learn from the time I have out here in the mission! This week flew by since we were doing exchanges for most of the week with elders in our zone. But each time I got to go out with the elders in their areas meaning I got to walk! I love just getting out there and walking because you feel so much more one with the people. But man I went with some great elders and worked so hard!

One great story from the exchanges.  I was on exchanges with Elder Tera, who is an elder from Tahiti. He is just a way chill surfer dude and has a way funny french accent on everything he says. hahha He's the best. But anyways we were about to eat dinner and we were a bit early so I felt like we should go down the street and try to tract into a house. SO we did. Right when we got around the bend we found this old lady just sitting cross legged on the side of the dirt road. So we went up and talked to her. She said she was waiting for her brother to pick her up so we asked if we could come back some other time and she was way excited that we wanted to come and teach her. So we just asked if we could teach her right there on the ground. SO sure enough we just sat criss cross in the dirt and taught her a lesson. Man I love this place. But we taught her about God's love for her and invited her to be baptized and she accepted! She told us how that day she was having the worst day. Her church kicked her out and her family kicked her out of her house as well, so she just decided to sit down on the side of the road and pray for help. And right when she got done praying we came around the corner. She didn't think we were there for her but sure enough we came right over and started talking and sharing with her. I then shared to her our side of the story how we decided last minute to go and walk down the road and that's when we found her. She started tearing up and she just couldn't stop saying how she knew that God loved her. Man this church is true. Heavenly Father loves every single one of us and is preparing ways to show us that love each and every day. I love this work! Have a great week everyone!

Love, Elder Mumford

pictures #pmg champs
A cool bridge I found made out of two coconut trees
Kids floating down the river in a homemade canoe...
Me and Elder Tera!
And the lady we taught on the side of the road! Her name is Litia!

No comments:

Post a Comment