Monday, September 21, 2015

Bula Vinaka Week 6!

Bula vinaka everyone! I hope everyone had a great week! It was just another killer week out here in Fiji. I'm seriously having so much fun, and I'm starting to wish the time would just slow down, because wow its seriously flying. This work is so rewarding. I kind of thought a little that I was doing my Heavenly Father a favor by going on the mission but wow was I wrong. He blesses me so much everyday like I can't even comprehend. He loves us all so much, so if you are ever going through a hard time, just remember that your Heavenly Father loves and knows you.

Anyways last week we went to the sand dunes as I talked about a little. It was so fun, just these huge crazy sand dunes next to the ocean. We didn't bring anything to slide on, so instead we just had races down these way steep hills and ate it every time. haha Way fun. You might think that a mission would make you like a robot or something but wow its literally the opposite. It's just like they let children run loose in Fiji. haha Way fun!

Me and my companion

 

At the beginning of the week we ran out of support and didn't get money until Wensday, so the first half of the week we had some interesting meals... haha missionary life... Not too much noteworthy happened on Tuesday or Wensday, except for one of the more random questions ever. We were leaving a members house, and right when I was about to leave the lady that lived at the house was like, "So your name is Elder Mumford?" I said yes, and then she immediately was like " Oh so that means you're the great Grandson of Ezra Taft Benson right?" WHAT THE HAHAH I was dying. I'm not really sure how she drew that conclusion but wow random... hahaha 

On Thursday I had my first Zone conference here in Fiji. This is a meeting where all the missionaries on the west side of the Fiji main island come together and the misson president comes for an amazing meeting. Literally just such an inspired meeting. It felt like a general conference for missionaries, so cool. In the morning we got a call from the airport saying there were two elders that are serving in the Kiribati islands right now who missed their flight. So we went and picked them up from the airport and have had them at our flat for like 5 days as they wait for their work permit. It has been seriously so much fun with these guys. They both went to BYU before they came out on the mission and one played soccer there which is way cool. They're just so much fun to be around and we have had a killer time going on splits all week.
 
Kiribati Missionaries
Friday was a crazy day. I had my first one on one interview with president since being out in the field which was so good. He truly is an inspired man, and inspires us so much to become better. If I can be half of what he is someday it would be so great. I told him I want to go to as bush of an area as possible so we will see. It might be fun. :) Friday night we went on splits with the Kiribati elders. Me and Elder Buhler went to teach two lessons, both completely in Fijian, and since he doesn't know any Fijian, I had to lead the whole lesson. So you could say I was freaking out. Six weeks in the mission and leading two lessons?! But the first lesson ended up being the best lesson I've had out in the mission so far. We taught this girl who's named Losenna who is 22 and works at the airport. We have been teaching her for a while now, and she has been reading the Book of Mormon. She hasn't received an answer yet though. That was our goal is to recognize that she knows it is true. We taught the full lesson, and let me testify about the Gift of tongues. I shared everything I needed to say and committed her to be baptized on OCT 3. Talk about the best Bday present ever!!

Saturday was just a fun day with a ton more proselyting. Saturday night one of the Kiribati elders broke out a 50 dollar bill that he had been given by someone when he got to Fiji. So as responsible elders we used it to all go and buy a Mcflurry and a chocolate sundae for all of us. 33 dollars on ice cream and wow it was fantastic. hahah such responsible guys I know.

Well it was just such a killer fun week. We are truly figuring out how to work as hard as we can while still having so much fun! I love this work and love you all, Have a great week everyone!

Elder Mumford

We traveled to Stake conference on a bus with the Ward.



 
Two member kids on the bus
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment