Monday, September 28, 2015

Bula Vinaka Week 7!

Bula Vinaka everyone! I hope everyone had a great week. I miss you all, but I can feel your love and prayers so thank you so much for that! As for my week, it was easily the craziest week out on my mission so far. WOW. I'll try to explain it the best I can!

So Monday night we went on splits with other Elders. We went to one of our investgators houses named Jack. This guy is seriously the man. He is this massive 6'5 jacked Fijian dude, who is way mean at rugby. He is at the level just below the Fijian national team, and he wins player of the match nearly every game he has. I asked him if he wants to play for the Fijian national team, and he said he is going to try out next year. The Fijian national rugby team is literally treated like royalty so if I could say that I have taught a Fijian national rugby player that would be unreal. Anyways we taught him a quick lesson, and he says he feels as if the reason he plays so good is because of this gospel. Man way cool guy, so humble. He's just the best.

Tuesday was the day that changed pretty much everything. We were out proselyting and got a call from our mission president. (If you get a call from the mission president its usually a pretty big deal). He talked to Elder Moore first and told him that he was being transfered to be a Zone leader in Suva. He then handed me the phone and president then asked me if I would be able to be the driver, starting Thursday. Meaning I had to learn how to drive stick and how to drive on the left side of the road in one day. WHAT IN THE WORLD. haha needless to say I almost peed myself but then I remembered the scripture that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." So I was comforted knowing that I would be able to do it.

Wensday we celebrated Elder Moore's birthday a little bit early because he was going to be transfered before his birthday.  We went to a really nice hotel down the street from our flat and payed for a breakfast buffet. WOAH THE BEST. Like literally we both gained almost a pound and a half from eating so much. Just a heavenly meal haha. We ate so much that we ate at 8 and we weren't hungry again till the next morning. haha The mission is some hard work, but you have to find ways to have fun and we definitely do. We spent most of that day practicing driving, which I actually picked it all up pretty fast and feel pretty confident now driving in Fiji which is good!

Thursday, I dropped Elder Moore off at the Bus to suva which was good because I knew it was where he needs to be right now. But it was way sad because we had become best friends in just six weeks. But its alright the work still moves on.

 
Saying goodbye to my companion Elder Moore 
Friday I picked up my new companion and spent the whole day explaining to him our investigators and our area. It was a bit overwhelming because me just being six weeks in basically being the senior companion for a few days introducing my new companion and getting him up to speed on all his responsibilities here. Man it was crazy but such a good growing experience.

Saturday we sent home the people that were going home, because we are the airport elders. In the morning we sent two kids home that were flying home to New Zealand. One of the guys luggage was like 8 kgs overweight and the lady wouldn't allow him to check it in. She said he would be able to bring the extra weight on in a backpack but he didn't have a backpack. So I was like ehh what the heck and just gave him mine. Haha weird job being a airport elder.. haha so now I'm back pack less. haha
 

Guy on the left now has my backpack and the short guy is my new companion.
Well that's pretty much it for the week. It was a great week, filled with new challenges but it allowed me to grow so much.  I love this work so much and know without a doubt that what I'm doing here is right. I love you all, have a good week everyone!

Elder Mumford
Saying goodbye to the funniest guy I know.  Elder Walls

Saying goodbye to my Kiribati boys

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment