Monday, August 31, 2015

FIJI WEEK 3

Bula Vinaka everyone! It was such a great week again, this week. We even ended up breaking our own previously set record from last week for lessons, so it was way succesful. I'm so tired from working so hard, but at the same time I'm happier then I've ever been. I'm helping people come closer to Christ, there is no better work then this!
So on Tuesday we did exchanges because my companion is the district leader, so we have to do exchanges with everyone in the district. I went up to Sigatoka with Elder Van Der Linden, it was a way good day. We studied way hard and worked way hard. They don't have alot of people to teach right now but we simply just walked around kind of speaking to everyone which was way fun. It was also a walking area which I liked alot. I really hope my next area will be a walking area because they are more fun. When you walk you just feel like you're part of the people which is just amazing.
Wensday I came back from Sigatoka and finally had a shower after like two days because the Sigatoka apartment's water wasn't running.. Oh Fiji.. haha Anyways we had like 5 lessons planned for that night but all fell through except for one. Fiji can be way hard to proselyte in because during the day people are usually napping or not home and making an appointment is usually useless.. haha and people HATE when you wake them up so it can be challenging, haha.
Thursday was a way funny day. We helped a less active member farm and plant Cassava which is basically a patato. Its weird to plant it. It is basically putting a stick in the ground so thats weird haha Anyways he asked me if I was from the city or the farm in America, and I said city. And he was like "Oh I can tell." haha I guess I'm not very good. I'll get batter though haha.  We then had a lesson with two recent convert Indian Kids, and they asked me who my favorite actress was and I said "Scarlett Johansen" naturally... hahah and then the girl was like "oh ya you look like her" HAHAHHHA I DIED. I'm pretty sure she didn't really know who that was.
Friday which is pretty much the last day I will write about because this weekend has been pretty non eventful. But anyways we went and visited Sister Tima, who is the first person I commited to be baptized here in Fiji. She just had  her baby but because her husband lost his job and has been drinking everyday since, he didn't even visit her in the hospital. How heart breaking, ugh I feel so bad for her. But she is now moving over to Lautoka to stay with her parents so we lost an investigator which is a bummer. I just hope that she still takes lessons there because she needs this gospel in her life. She thought about giving the baby away, because with her husband gone she didn't know if she could raise it alone. But she said because of us always visiting her and sharing with her the gospel, she is motivated to be a better mom and is going to keep the baby. Its so cool seeing the miracles like this that we deal with everyday. The church is TRUE.
We also gave the law of chastity lesson to a couple who are living together but not married. And they are going to try to be married so they can be baptized on September, 19th. SO COOl I love this work, it truly does change lives everyday.
Thanks again for all the support everyone gives me. Some times I am a bit rushed for time in emailing, so I may not be able to get back to you, but I love you all, and love hearing from you!
Love you all!
Elder Mumford

No comments:

Post a Comment