Friday, August 7, 2015

Week 5 T-Minus 3 Days till FIJI

Bula Vinaka everyone!!

Goodness gracious I can't believe I leave in 3 days for Fiji.  It feels soooooo sureal.. Like I actually thought this day would never come. I'm just so excited to finally be out in heaven on earth, wearing a skirt and sandals, and sharing with them the beautiful message of the Gospel. Like there is nothing in the world that sounds better then that. WOOOOOOOOO Haha thanks again for all the love and support you guys give me everyday. I can just feel your love and prayers helping me out every step of the way, so thank you.

Well this week was another great week. Although I do like this place it's kind of an understatement that we are all getting so stir crazy being couped up in this tiny place for 5 weeks. We just can't wait to get out into the field.

So last Friday night, we got our travel plans for flying to Fiji. We fly on Monday from here to LA and then from there straight to Fiji. The funny thing is, Fiji is actually about 19 hours ahead of us time wise, so because we leave Monday night at 11, we will actually never have a Tuesday, August 11th. Haha We will just skip it and get there on Wednesday. Trippy right?! haha

Saturday and Sunday were great days and I finally finished the Book of Mormon while here in the MTC. Man such a great experience and I feel like I understand the book so much better now then I ever have. It is such an amazing book and is what our gospel is centered on. If you have the desire to know that The Church of Jesus Christ is the true church. Or are maybe wondering why I gave up everything I have to go and serve the people of Fiji, I testify that if you will read this book from cover to cover and pray about it in Faith, you will know that it is true.

Monday morning was really tough for me for some reason. I was just so impatient and mad at everything. So I prayed that I would feel more love in my heart and turn my day around and it totally worked. God really does answer prayers. The rest of the day I learned so much about the Gospel and the Atonement and felt so blessed. Monday night a sister from Papa New Guinea that is going to Fiji with us really had a bad night and needed a blessing. She picked me to give it and I felt so guided while giving it. Through the priesthood I was able to be a mouthpiece from God to her and I know that I was guided on what to say which was awesome.

Tuesday night Elder Russell M Nelson the President of the Quorum of the Twelve apostles came and spoke with us and WOW it was so awesome. It was his first speaking experience since being ordained President of the Quorum of the twelve which was way cool. From the moment he stepped in the room you could just tell he was set apart from God to do this work. Man it was awesome!

Wednesday morning our teacher challenged us to not speak a word of English all day and just speak Fijian. We thought it might be impossible at first, but man it was so much fun. The Fijian is coming so fast and I'm starting to be able to have full conversations in it which is so fun to do. I can't wait to go out and speak with real Fijians! Then Wednesday night me and my companion where selected by our teacher to do a real lesson in front of all the new elders and sisters that came in that day. We had microphones and everything and it was just so nerve wracking because it was the first experience these Elders had of being a missionary and we didn't want to mess it up for them, but it went so great!

Well that's pretty much all for this week. The next email you will all get from me will be when I'm in Fiji.  I love you all and I know that what I'm doing here is right. This message truly does change lives and I can't wait to give it to the people that need it in Fiji. I love you all! Moce!
 
Chillin at infield orientation, the most boring thing in the world.

Just your classic BOY BAND PHOTOS haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment