Monday, November 30, 2015

Crazy cool week!

Well everyone it was a great week this week! We weren't in our area for too long because of zone conference and all that but wow some crazy cool things still happened. Man so awesome!
So Tuesday we got back on the boat to Rabi with our district leader and his companion for exchanges. The only problem was there was a huge storm and the waves were MASSIVE. Like literally the height of our small fishing boat. But nevertheless we still made the crossing. It was literally like the scene on the other side of heaven (ok, maybe not that bad) but when we got there we were so wet we might as well have been swimming and we were also just surprised to be alive.... hahaha so funny.

On Wensday we were invited to a prize giving ceremony for the little k-8 school in our village. Basically a prize giving ceremony is an end of the school year celebration for the kids, because right now is their summer. We didn't really know what it was but when we got there we were seated as the guests of honor on these tables right in front. They started the ceremony by crowning us with these crowns of flowers and then one by one each grade of kids performed their dances that they had worked so hard on. They were all classic Gilbertese dances and they were all so good. All the kids are just so good at dancing because that's such a big part of their culture. Man it was so much fun to watch!

Finally Sunday we had my first baptisms on Rabi! We baptized two of the cutest 8 and 9 year old girls in the world. Their mom is a member but their dad isn't so that's why we had to teach them the lessons. The teaching experience with them has been so much fun! We just laugh and play and joke the whole time, and they literally feel more like my little sisters then my investigators. We got to baptize them in the Crystal Clear Blue ocean across from the church. Man it was so awesome. I guess maybe that should be my motivation for more baptisms is to keep getting in the ocean! hahaha just kidding! But it really was such a cool spiritual experience that I was so grateful to be apart of.

I love this work so much. I'm having some challenges out here learning a third language and all that but one thing I know is the Lord provides a way for his work to be done! I love this work and I know it's true. I love you all so much and am so grateful for all your support. I hope you all have a good week! Oh and happy Thanksgiving!

Love
Elder Mumford

P.S Sorry for no pictures. This computer is being so stupid.....

No comments:

Post a Comment