Monday, August 22, 2016

WELL just wanted to open my email by acknowledging that from what I heard Bolt is still the fastest man in the world... But wanted to make sure that everyone knows that I went on a pretty lengthy ten minute jog this morning and did a fair amount of walking lunges, meaning I'm on my way to racing bolt in 2020.... 

In other news, Great week this week! Seriously probably the hardest week of work so far on my mission. It was mostly tracting but we found a lot of good potential families so it was nice we were rewarded for our hard work! However after the hard week of work I somehow lost my scriptures last night. I literally don't know where they went.  We think they might have fell out of the car but just not sure. Such a heartbreaker to lose those scrips.  But hey the work moves on..

Anyways on Monday I did my first Baptismal interview which was way exciting! His name was Sandeep. He lives up here in Lobassa and was taught by our Hindi elders here who are called to speak the Hindi language. So his English isn't the greatest. I was a bit nervous to do the interview because of the language gap and it was my first time doing one. It really is a lot of pressure being the one who decides if someone is ready to be baptized! But all those worries were put at ease when we actually did the interview. He was so ready it was amazing. Literally just perfect answers for all the questions and you could just feel his desire to be baptized. He is the only member in his family and he is doing all this to try to find God and follow Him so that he will be on the right path. Man it was just an awesome interview!

On Tuesday they held the baptism for him and it was just an awesome ceremony.  The spirit was just so strong throughout.  One of the coolest things that happened is he showed up to the baptism in a nice shirt, some jeans, and then these nice red football cleats.  You might think that's kind of weird at first.  I know I did but I asked Elder Halbert why he did that and he said, "Oh he didn't have any church shoes but he just wanted to wear the nicest thing he had to look nice for the Lord on his baptismal day."  Man that really moved me.  Such a humble nice moment!

Wednesday we had exchanges with the Hindi Elders in Labasa so I was able to go out and proselyte and try to speak the Hindi language to people all day.  No really I just felt like the most useless person in the world in the lessons.  Haha.  I learned how to introduce myself a little bit in the language but after that was just useless because most don't understand English.  So needless to say it was an adventure! 

After that nothing too crazy in the week.  Me and Elder DeMoors just really put our head down and went to work.  We were able to teach 40 lessons this week which was way fun, just heaps of work and heaps of tracting.  It was a lot of fun but just not too much to write about.  Oh but we were able to teach a lady from Rabi this week which was way fun so I was able to teach her in all Gilbertese.  But man it is such a brain workout to switch back and forth from Gilbertese to Fijian and I always end up mixing up words a lot but it didn't turn out too bad.  LOVE THIS MISSION! Not much else to write about except to let you guys know the church is true!  That's all there is to it!  Love you all!

Elder Mumford

Pictures from the baptism of Sandeep and his football cleats!




Exchanges with Elder Halbert


A cool little fish market we found with cool boats!


These are all some really cute member girls. They were all on break from school so they were home watching movies and me and Elder De Moors figured it wasn't a movie day without some candy so we went to the store and bought them heaps of candy and brought it back for them to snack on! The look on their faces was just so priceless and it was so fun to sort of feel like an older brother to these little girls for a few minutes! Also one of them was wearing the freshest shirt I've ever seen of Snoop Dogg and Johnny Deppp lol love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment