Monday, March 27, 2017

SAVUSAVU WOOOOO


WOW what a week this has been. Just when I thought my mission couldn't get any crazier BOOM this week happens. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT LIFE. SO we got the transfer call on Tuesday and President told me that I was called to be a zone leader on the north island! Up here in Vanua Levu. I'll be serving in Savusavu, which I actually know super well because this is the town that we would always come off to to email once a month in Rabi, so I'm decently familiar with the place. But then he informed me that my companion would be Elder Grimaud, who came with me here to Fiji! I was so excited. I love that guy so much! BUT that meant that we were going to whitewash the area. Both of the old missionaries are out and we are both coming in new into the area. This is a pretty common thing but the thing is we are doing it in a Zone leader area, which has never been done before, at least with this mission president. So we are like the guinea pigs I guess? WAY COOL. It's been a lot of work this week trying to learn the area but it's coming along way well. Savusavu is soooooo beautiful.. just a little town right on the ocean. It's a pretty big tourist place, and man I'm just so in love with it up here. I seriously want you to see it someday:) Most likely going to be my last area so I'm going out with a bang! I LOVE LIFE SO MUCH AND THIS CHURCH IS SO TRUE Love you guys!

Elder Mumford

random pics of new area





Said goodbye to Diva and some of the other less actives we have helped back to church. When I was saying goodbye to Brother Vulaono he was just like, "Hey that's a nice jacket" and then he asked for it.  And in the culture that's a kerekere so you just give it to them! So ya I'm rain jacketless now but honestly who cares. I love these people so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment