Monday, March 20, 2017

WOW what a week. I can't even explain my happiness this week. This is what missionary work is really all about...helping people change their lives! So we started this week having a goal to get Diva baptized. She had showed the desire so we worked hard visiting her everyday preparing her for her baptism. There were so many things that we had to help her through. Wow she has had a tough life..so many bad things have happened to such a good girl but throughout the week we helped her through all of them, and throughout each and every lesson she was just excited to be baptized and put all of it behind her. Saturday came and she asked me to baptize her. The font was a bit dirty because it's an outdoor font, the water was cold, and she had to be baptized twice because her foot came up the first time. To an outsider it may have looked like an imperfect moment, but actually it was quite the opposite. She was made perfect in that moment. Later that night we visited her after the baptism and we asked how she felt. All she said was "free." It was just a powerful moment. This gospel is amazing. I have still yet to see someone live by its precepts and not change their lives completely. That's exactly what happened with Diva. Although her journey isn't over, she still has a lot to do in this life, it was a great first step on her path to eternal life!

This last transfer has been great. I've been with one of my best friends Elder Forbush and I have learned so much. It's also been one of the hardest transfers I've ever had. I've had some of the lowest of lows and I think that's why I've had so many learning moments and so many happy moments as well. Just like Lehi, there is no way he could have known the sweetness of the fruit without knowing the darkness of the path. This church is true everyone, and I love it!

Elder Mumford

Baptism of Diva
Doing some baptismal interviews in the bush!
And another pic with a member
We have our district meeting at a little primary school and I wanted a snack so catch me being the biggest kid in the lunch line hahah
 And #doublechinfitlife


No comments:

Post a Comment