Monday, April 24, 2017

BAPTISMS

Hey everyone! Wow what a crazy week. I don't even know where to begin. Let's just say that the only night I slept in my own flat was Saturday night.... It was a hectic week. At this point I kind of feel like I'm trying to drink out of a fire hose with all the new responsibilities and things I'm trying to learn but man I'm loving it. Time is flying and I'm learning so much. My companion is literally my best friend, and the church is as true as ever.

So we had two sets of zone conferences and interviews this week. And as an assistant we travel everywhere with President, organizing and setting up things and honestly just trying to make his life a little easier because wow he does so much. At the zone conference we also have the privilege to give a training, to help train the missionaries on certain aspects of missionary work and help them become more effective missionaries. I love giving trainings, and I love helping missionaries. It's so much fun. Our first zone conference was good. That was my first time seeing the zone conference because I just got here, so even though I was teaching I learned so much! Haha After the zone conference on Tuesday in Nausori we road tripped four hours out to the west, where the airport and my first area was to do zone conference out there. It was definitely a lot more comfortable the second time! Haha The drive over was so fun and so pretty, just driving four hours along the beautiful coast. Life doesn't get much better. We got back on Friday and were way busy with the little time we had to try to do everything to prepare for our baptisms.

We had 3 baptisms this week! One whose name is Olive. She is just the sweetest old lady in the world. Man I love her so much. She is the mother of a recent convert in our area, and now the other sister is taking lessons as well! She has been taking lessons for a while and is just so ready to be baptized. Then with her there was a mom named Arieta and her son Emosi, who were found through tracting and they as well were so prepared to be baptized it was unreal. We got them all interviewed and got all their baptismal clothes figured out. It came time for the baptism on Saturday, and about an hour before we noticed that one of  the baptismal jumpers were missing from the car..... So we had to run and grab it from some other Elders who had used it that day, so it was still wet.... We grabbed it, wrung it out, then threw it in the dryer, so it was just a bit damp. Then went forward with the baptism anyways. Hahah The baptism was great. It went smoothly and we had such a good turnout from the ward!

Sunday came around and we had their three confirmations. I did one, Elder Afatasi did one, and then we had one of the area seventies there who was with us in the circle, do the last one. Wow it was a powerful experience. He was brought to tears while giving it and we could just feel Arieta shaking because she was crying and so touched by the spirit. Such a good experience to be apart of. Can't wait to watch these 3 converts continue to grow as they continue on their journey! It's been a great week. Our purpose as missionaries is to preach repentance and baptize converts and I can honestly say I feel like I gave it my all in fulfilling my purpose this week. Great week. I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Mumford

Nachos
 Me eating Burger King....So good!
  One of our investigators little girls


No comments:

Post a Comment