Friday, July 3, 2015

CRAZIEST TWO DAYS EVER

Bula Vanaka everyone!
 
So my Preparation day (the day I get to email) will be on Friday while I'm in the MTC so ya this is why you are all getting this email. Wow these have just been the craziest two days ever. Like unreal. But I love it and already feel so strongly that this is where I need to be. So I'll try to give you guys a general overview of what these two days were like. The first day after I got dropped off they shuttled us through like a hundred different rooms and handed us like a million papers and our missionary tags which we were pumped about. After literally like 10 minutes we were already in our classroom and our teachers were speaking Fijian to us. I was already nervous and that literally put me over the edge haha. It was good though and we learned a few basic conversation phrases that I'm starting to really get the hang of. It also helped that all 15 of us Fijian speaking Elders and three sisters had gone into the MTC so we all just supported each other on being completely overwhelmed haha. We have two districts of Fijian speaking elders here in the MTC and all the guys are just so cool. My companion Elder Babcock is such an awesome guy. He shares my desire to work as hard as possible and get as much out of this MTC experience as possible. Its been like two days and I already love him so much. One unique thing about our District is that we have a lot of islanders here. We have a two Tongan guys from New Zealand that love rugby and have the coolest accents. There is a Samoan guy from Australia who once again has the coolest accent. Then there is one elder and two sisters from Papa New Guinea and a sister from Tahiti. Talk about diversity haha its so cool to be learning the language with all of them. The rest of the Elders are pretty much all just super white guys from Utah or Idaho haha.
 
The very first night that we were here we got to teach investigators with huge groups of missionaries. It was awesome because like 40 of us all had to work together and feel the spirit to tell the investigator what he needed to hear. One investigator said he felt as if God had never cared and was never there for him and that felt like a punch right to my gut. I felt so strongly that the Lord loved him unconditionally and wanted him to be happy and I know that's how he feels about each and every one of us. It was so cool and so spiritual.
 
Yesterday was quite honestly just a long day but so rewarding all at the same time. For our classroom session we learned how to bear our testimony and pray in Fijian. Gosh it is literally the coolest thing. We also learned how to ask a few commitment type questions for investigators. I am starting to get better at it all but we have to teach a lesson in Fijian tonight, and let me tell you its going to be a trainwreck. haha That poor guy who has to listen to us is going to laugh his head off but we are going to give it our best shot haha. Yesterday night we had a district meeting with our Branch president who was a former mission president out on Hawaii. He is apparently the nephew of President Hinckley and its so weird because he looks and talks just like him. He is just the man and brings the spirit into the room so strongly every time he speaks.We learned from him that the Lord can't trust us missionaries with peoples eternal salvation if he can't trust us with the little things such as getting up on time and doing things the right way. It was so awesome and so true. Well I honestly don't have too much more to write about because its only been two days, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of more for next week. I love the MTC so much and I know it's where I'm supposed to be. I love this gospel and know its true.

Moce Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment