Friday, July 17, 2015

God Truly Does Love Us

Bula Vinaka everyone! Wow this week absolutely flew by. It blows my mind that another week has passed and its already P-day again. This work is so hard and physically and mentally draining, but at the same time one of the most rewarding things I've ever done in my life. Thank you so much to everyone that emailed me or sent me Dear Elders this week, I can feel all your guys love and support for me and it truly does keep me going. I love you all and know that you will be blessed at home. If you want to read about those blessings go to D&C 100:1-9 and it will tell you all about them! Seriously so cool!

So last Friday we had Elder Packard's funeral that the missionaries all got to watch the broadcast of and man it was a great experience. That guy was such a great apostle and was so awesome. You could feel the other apostles love for him during their talks. I also decided that my goal for this week was to start setting and achieving goals every single day. Wow just after a week I can feel the huge difference in myself. My goals right now are to learn 15 new words a day (which has been so fun) and bear my testimony 2-3 times a day. I can truly feel my language and my spiritual abilities growing so much in just a week, what a blessing.

Saturday and Sunday I took my mission presidents advice that the harder I worked, the more I would feel Heavenly Father's love for me and man it totally worked. I obeyed every single rule here to a tee and worked as hard as I could because I truly wanted to feel God's love. When we went to Sunday night devotional I was absolutely exhausted from working as hard as I possibly could, and I was praying so hard that I would be able to feel Heavenly Father's love for me. Then it happened. In the opening song of the night I just felt like I was blindsided by a feeling of pure love by my Heavenly Father, nearly bringing me to tears. I can testify that God answers our prayers and truly does love each and every one of us.  Man it was such a great experience.

Monday we taught our first investigator lesson in Fijian without notes. Ya that's right we had to give a full lesson in a language that we have never heard before the MTC with just a week and a half of learning it haahah so fun. I was praying so hard to just remember my lines and amazingly I totally did. I mean our investigator didn't really understand what I was trying to say haha but still I remembered my lines, so that was awesome! That night I was just sitting at my desk writing in my journal and my companion flew into the room and was like "Do you know what we don't know in Fijian?" and I got all excited thinking it was something that would help us in our lessons. Then he was like "Well nothing but that's against the point." haha I laughed so hard and thanked him for that positive and uplifting comment. He's such a funny kid.

Tuesday was such an amazing day. Tuesday morning we had our service assignments again (if you remembered last time I cleaned erasers in a closet?) haha This time I actually did real work which was mopping floors (Yes mom I kinda know how to mop.) haha But the girl that was overseeing us working was probably 21 and went to BYU and told us a story that made me never want to complain again. So she went on her mission to Tahiti and while crossing a street one day got hit head on by a drunk driver. She actually died on the road that day but was brought back to life through CPR. After she came back to life she was in a coma for three weeks with over 15 broken bones. When she came to she had over a year of physical therapy and miraculously healed completely except she lost her sense of taste and smell and her memory of everything before the accident. After she told us all this she said how it was awesome because she has got to change so many people's lives through talks she has given. I was just blown away, here at the MTC there are plenty of things to complain about and sometimes me and the guys do complain but our problems are so small compared to her's and she doesn't even think to complain. In fact she uses her trials as a way to uplift others. Man that was cool. That night we had our second non-notes lesson and that went so good. I was able to talk to the investigator off script meaning I was just making my own Fijian sentences on the fly. It was awesome and I know that wasn't because of me but instead my heavenly Father who loves me.

Thursday and Friday there wasn't too much to write about but I do have one more funny story. Elder Trail, who is this huge gentle giant from New Zealand, is known to fall asleep anywhere. And I mean everywhere, whether it's in class or during lunch. It's hilarious. One day he fell asleep in class and my teacher started like cuddling him and he just kept sleeping haha. He finally woke up and got so scared but we were all just dying, I'll attach a picture of that and another one of me and my buddy Jake, who's here at the MTC.
 
Elder Trail asleep in class
 
Elder Trail and our teacher snuggling. haha

Jake, my BYU lacrosse teammate

This morning we got to go to the temple and wow it was so awesome. If the temple isn't already special then pack it full of about 50-60 missionaries per session for three hours and it's unbelievable the spirit that is there. But gosh that wasn't even the cool part. So in our Fijian speaking district we have one elder and one sister from the island of Papa New Guinea serving with us. Like from what I understand they were like straight tribal but they speak pretty good english and are so cool. But since they don't have a temple in Papa New Guinea, they came to the MTC first and then went through the temple here. You could see how much they loved and cherished the experience to go through the temple. But because they didn't have any family here, we as a district got to basically be their family for getting their endowments. Gosh it was such a spiritual experience and one I will never forget.
Well guys thank you so much for all the love and support you guys give me. Please dont be afraid to email me or send dear elders, because I love every single one of them. I love you all so much, I know this church is true and I have no doubt that what I'm doing here is right. Moce everyone!
 
PS  I love you guys and want to share two Mormon messages one "You never Know" (for all the things you've done Mom) and "The hope of God's light."  I love you and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment