Monday, October 5, 2015

Bula Vinaka Week 8!

Bula Vinaka everyone!

I hope everyone had a good week. We had such a good week out here in Fiji. Thirty lessons this week! We truly felt the blessings from working hard and being obedient.  There is now just so much good potential in our area and we are so excited about the work here right now. In other news we have around 6 mice that we see pretty frequently around our flat and we are in the process of naming them. And my Fijian is really starting to come along! Love this work!

Monday! Monday night was such a good night. We did splits and me and an Elder named Elder Carter went and tried to teach one of our investigators. She wasn't there but her little brother Vatu, who is 18, was. He invited us in to teach him (which is always a good sign) and he told us that he has taken all the lessons before and knows that the church is true. He said that on that night he was going to go out with his friends but he felt like he should stay in and read his Book of Mormon instead and that's when we showed up..... WOW such a golden investigator, that was so exciting. We went back to teach him on Tuesday and he gave us like a twenty minute summary of 1st Nephi. Wow! This guy is so prepared its unreal!

This week I also hit three months out on the mission which is just so crazy... It is just flying by so fast. I'm just trying to work my hardest everyday so when I look back on my mission in two years I don't have one single regret about the things I did out here in Fiji!

Thursday we went over to the house of a member that has served as a bishop in almost every stake in Fiji. Such a col guy. He had a way nice house and it felt like I was at a dinner appointment somewhere in America. haha But it came around to dinner time and he pulled out two massive pots of SPAGHETTI!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD. Me and my companion were freaking out, because spaghetti isn't the most common thing here in Fiji. So anyways he told us to eat as much as possible and we did... hahah 6 plates each... I could barely walk out of the house.. haha Just fantastic!!

Friday we finally had a baptismal interview for our investigator Losenna who is being baptized this coming Friday! She also said that she wants me to baptize her, and I'm just more than excited... Wow its going to be so cool! It's so rewarding to see all the hard work we put in turn into rewards. I'm just so excited!!!
 
Well that's pretty much it for the week, it was a great week. Lots of hard work! No pictures for the week, sorry everyone! But next week there should be some good ones with the baptism and all.

Well I love you all and just want to tell you all that this church truly does bring happiness. If you are looking for happiness in your life turn to this gospel. It truly does bring happiness and change lives. I've seen that in my investigators here in Fiji and myself. This is the true church! Love you all!

Elder Mumford

No comments:

Post a Comment