Monday, February 1, 2016

Life in Rabi

 
So I'm going to do my email a bit differently this week and just tell stories through my pictures! So here is a picture of walking the huge mountains of Rabi. So back story to this is that we were going to do service at a less actives house and missed a carrier but we knew how important it was to do service for them so we just took our bags and hiked two hours over giant mountains on the most humid day ever! Man it was so hard. But it all payed off because they came to church this week! Such a testimony builder on serving people and how loving people is the way you help them! This is like how most of the work is right now. Its so hard but its really paying off. The language is hard but at this point I feel pretty comfortable. Its amazing that it takes people years to learn a language and I feel pretty comfortable in 3 months...... how crazy is that? I will never be able to deny the gift of tongues and how much it helps me everyday! The day to day work here in Rabi is pretty challenging.  We walk miles every single day, but once again we feel it paying off! My first week here we had 4 lessons in this area and this last week we had 18 and every single person we are teaching me and Alonzo found whether they are less active or an investigator.  We are really working hard to build up the area! Its tough but our hard work is paying off and we are being blessed. I love it!!!
 
 


So this is my district leader, Elder Davis, who just got transferred. Since it was his last week in the area and there are alot of way awesome resorts that we have to drive past we went tourist mode for like an hour and took amazing pictures so I will make sure to send them all to you guys! Don't get too jealous!!!!;) ahha life is tough out here..... hahahah oh and these are all around Savusavu! so cool!




Me on a way sick swing and me and a hamburger. Both pictures in my opinion are equally as great but the hamburger is probably the better view... hahaha



The first picture just shows how blue the water is and the second one is a beach in Rabi.




This is the angel that everyone knows just walking through the gates of heaven. Haha  :)




This is just the average group of kids that we walk up to and joke around with in Gilbertese when we are bored sometimes. It's so funny because when they see the white person walking up to them they run up and try to speak to me in super broke English. They usually just know "hello" and then I say something in Gilbertese and hold a conversation with them and they are just floored. The look is priceless every time haha I love it!


 
 
This is our zone leaders who came out and did exchanges with us last week which was nice because we don't get to do exchanges very often! But their eyes were widened at how hard the work is out there so it was good to get on a better understanding with them. It was funny because they brought a bag of food with them and they said they were worried for us at how excited we were because of the food. haha Way funny. Then these are another picture of my last baptism we had on rabi!
 

This is another picture of my last baptism we had on Rabi!



This is some of the jungle like terrain that we walk through when we are visiting people that live farther away from the villages. Isnt it way sick that we are just walking through this all?! haha I love the bush! :) #bushboy



No comments:

Post a Comment