Thursday, February 18, 2016

RABI LIFE






Add caption


Well hey guys so just like every other week there is just way to much that happens to write it all but I will try my best to put some good highlights in this email!
So I will just tell some good stories that have happened recently. First just to get you guys a picture of things that happen on our usual days, last week on our p-day, we were on a run to go lift some weights at a members house that have them. Its like 3 miles of hills so its a pretty hard run, and about half way through the run we hear barking which is never a good sign, and we see a dog just hauling as fast as it can at us from probably like thirty yards away. We knew it was going to attack us so there was only one thing we could do. TURN ON THE JETS. We were just sprinting as fast as we could trying to outrun it, and right when it was about to catch me a guy we knew came from around the corner with a stick and hit the dog. Literally that guy was an angel. Haha but as for dogs, we get attacked and chased all the time, but luckily I haven't been bit yet!!! But ya dogs suck. I'm definitely never having one in my house. So that's a fun thing we deal with but hey at least I'm getting faster with the sprints I'm doing to get away from the dogs! hahaha #brightside
 
The next story I have is of a less active lady who we are working with who is my favorite lady ever. But she wouldn't take the sacrament because she didn't think her records were in our branch yet. So we worked forever to get a list of all the members of our ward so we could show her her records so she would take the sacrament. We got the list and finally when we showed her she just broke down in tears of joy saying how she felt how much God loves her now. She said that she has told past Elders her problem but they have never found her records, but because we put in the effort to find them, she felt as if it was God telling her she needed to be back at church taking the sacrament! Such an amazingly spiritual moment of being able to help someone come closer to their Lord and savior Jesus Christ! I love this Work!
 
Another fun story has been boils that have started popping up all over my ankle. So here in the Fiji Suva mision everyone gets a boil at some time or another, and this last week was my time, for 4 of them............ wow hahah they are just like these super huge pimples that blow up with puss and swell and hurt and ya it was interesting... haha but my whole foot swelled up to the size of like an elephant, it was so fat... haha but we are all good now!



 
As for right now we are heading to Suva for the temple rededication where we will be able to meet President Eyring in person! We are so excited! I know without a doubt that temples are the Lord's house and with them we can be together with our families forever!:)
Anyways guys I love you all so much! I love this work and I know what I'm doing is right. This is Heavenly Father's work and he leads and directs it every single day! Thanks for all the love and prayers you send me. Have a great week everyone!

Elder Mumford

Showing an old lady how to do peach signs.  Haha
 

Dinner appointment
 
Kids playing in a tree
 
Playing ping pong for FHE
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment