Monday, October 12, 2015

BULA VINAKA WEEK 9

Bula vinaka everyone! Hope everyone had a great week again. I know ours here was fantastic. SO much happened so I will try to put all the good stuff into this email!

Tuesday was a great day, where we had a Zone training meeting. Our Zone is pretty spread out, and takes up more than half of the main island of Fiji.  It's just massive. But anyways everyone came in and we had a meeting all together. So much fun to be with everyone!

Thursday we had our service day in the morning. So we went over to our 19 year old investigator named Vatu! We helped him farm which is just the average service day in the Fiji Suva mission. Because everyone here pretty much lives off the land they can always use help farming. But anyways we helped him for an hour or so and then he told us to come follow him. So we walked with him for like 2 minutes through trees and then BAM we were on this completely hidden secret private beach in Fiji. (I know Fiji sounds like a really tough place to be;) haha but this beach was just loaded with seashells, and was way pretty. Then Vatu decided to climb up a 40 foot coconut tree and dropped like 6 coconuts for us. Then for the rest of service we just chilled on beach in Fiji drinking coconuts... haha so sick.
 
Me and Vatu farming
Friday was my first baptism out here in Fiji. HER NAME IS LOSENNA! I was literally just through the roof excited. Man it was just so cool. I had my white sulu, and new white shirt all ready, and was just so excited. We ended up waiting at the chapel for like 2 hours with Losenna and her family waiting for a priesthood leader to oversee the baptism and the whole program kind of blew up in our faces. However, when the time came and she stepped down into the waters of baptism, you could just feel the spirit so strongly it was unbelievable. She felt so peaceful and it was just a great experience. I felt more happy then I've ever been in my entire life knowing that I helped someone come unto Christ and be baptized! So cool!
 
Me, Losenna, and my companion
Then Sunday was just such a weird day. We were supposed to have General conference this weekend, because of how Fiji is 19 hours ahead. But anyways we went to the meeting and the first weird thing was they gave us the sacrament... I've never seen the sacrament given at General conference, so that was weird but its Fiji so you kind of just have to expect whatever haha. They then put on the Saturday morning session, and we were pumped because we thought we were just going to watch them all! But after the Saturday morning sesision they just turned off the t.v and everyone went home..... hahah So funny and so weird.
 
Anyways it was a great week out here on the mission, just figured I would give you all a Sportscenter highlight reel of the best moments because they are the most interesting anyway. I love you all and I just want you all to know that I know without a doubt that this church is true! Love you.  Have a good week.

Elder Mumford

No comments:

Post a Comment