Monday, October 26, 2015

BULA VINAKA Week 11

Bula Vinaka everyone

Another sweet week in Fiji, with heaps of good work this week. Our area is really good and we are just really excited about how things are looking right now. Once again another week of ups and downs but hey I Love it! Not too much from this week just a few stories.
 
On Monday we found like 5 new investigators, all which look like they have some very good potential, but we will see as we teach them more.

Saturday was supposed to be the best day of the week. The sisters in the area next to us are still teaching the big Fijian rugby player Jack and he was supposed to be baptized on Saturday. He chose me to baptize him, I was way excited. We got to the baptism and he didn't show for like thirty minutes, so we went out to find him. We ended up finding him but he was drunk from the night before. It was so sad because he has been so strong throughout this whole process, but he always told us his friends were a big temptation. And the night before he finally gave in. It was so heartbreaking and sad, because I just love him so much, but we still are confident that he will still progress towards baptism. I sure hope so!

Right now in Fiji its the beginning of summer and wow it is so hot. It's not like Arizona thats just like an oven. I'm always just soaking wet here. It's always awkward when we are at a lesson and I'm dripping sweat onto my scriptures, or into my food. So thats fun hahaha But with the heat it brings mango season and the Mangos here are so nice. But to really enjoy a mango you have to eat it like a Fijian, that is like an apple, skin and all. MAN SO GOOD!

Well that's pretty much it for the week. Definitely a good week of hard work, that will hopefully lead into other things but we will see. I love this gospel, and I know without a doubt that this is a true church because it really does bring happiness! I love you all.  Have a great week!

Elder Mumford
 

One of my favorite members, J-Q

 

No comments:

Post a Comment