Monday, October 24, 2016

CHURCH IS TRUE

Man just another amazing week out here, just unreal. Me and Elder Kubera are just trying to give everything we have day in and day out to the Lord and man is Heavenly Father answering back with so many blessings. I just feel so loved and blessed by my Heavenly Father.

This week on Wednesday I finally got my license! No more pounding the pavement for us! LETSS GO. However it has been a real blessing having to walk considering how much we get fed in this ward. #ALWAYSFULL. In other news an elderly couple fed us sloppy joes this week #Blessed But what I really wanted to write about is the miracle that happened this week. So we went and visited a couple that have been really progressing in the gospel. Their names are Tui and Nina. I have only ever visited them once before this week so I didn't know them too well. But at the end of the lesson she said that her parents lived in an area that we used to cover in my first area in Nadi and that they were members of the church. She tried to explain to me where they lived but it's been such a long time I just couldn't really remember the area too well. But then she told me their names "Eta and Jone." When I heard that it literally knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't speak I was just so excited. So Eta and Jone were some of our most golden investigators in our first transfer in Nadi. The only problem was they just weren't married yet so we were trying to make it happen. The next transfer sisters got moved into that area and started teaching them. But Eta and Jone were adamant that they wanted me to baptize them. That next transfer they got married, but sadly they were baptized the week after I went to Rabi. Although I was excited to be on Rabi I was a little cut about the whole situation because I really wanted to be their for their baptism. They are such a great family and we just had a really special connection. But throughout the rest of my mission since then I have been keeping tabs on them through sisters who have served there in the past and they were always just so strong in the gospel, even feeding the missionaries every week! But it wasn't till this week that I found out I was teaching their daughter. After the lesson I was just overwhelmed because I have never felt the love of God so strongly in my life ever before. I would have been fine just knowing that Eta and Jone were still strong in the gospel, that's all I needed to know. But because he loves me and knows how much this family means to me, he sent me here to this area so that I could teach their daughter! I was just overcome that day with a feeling of love and gratitude for my Heavenly Father. This work is true and he loves each one of us more then we can imagine. The work is moving and I love being apart of it! Have a good week everyone!

Elder Mumford

me about to eat some sloppy joes, an apple and some other food #LifeIsGood


And us walking in the rain before we got the license back......

License!

Me and Elder Kubera out proselyting
And my study set up! I'm trying to make like a wall of pics so if anyone wants to send me any awesome pictures  in the mail (because I'm too lazy to print them here hahah) send them and I'll put them up on the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment