Monday, October 10, 2016

SUP EVERYONE

Man it was such a crazy week this week.. like I don't even know where to begin.... I'm just overwhelmed and relying on my Heavenly Father for everything that has been put on my plate... So we had a Zone meeting on Tuesday in Savusavu, which was a great meeting, but Tuesday was also transfer calls, which we really weren't even thinking about because I was only half way through training my son Elder Giacalone.  But I guess this is just another lesson that Heavenly Father never lets us as missionaries get comfortable where we are. He always wants to stretch us and man that's what he did. We had just got back to the flat after the meeting when we got a call from President. I was so surprised and confused why he was calling but when I picked up he told me that he was extending a calling to me to be a Zone Leader in the Suva North Zone... He asked if I thought I was ready, and I told him I would rely on the Lord and try my best to fulfill this responsibility. 

So after the call I had the most hectic week of my life. After frantically saying goodbye to everyone in the area (I'll send some pictures of that) I flew down to Suva and started my responsibilities as a zone leader. This area isn't like any of my other areas, mostly just all city. This area is actually where the temple is which is so awesome to be able to see it everyday! We had heaps of transfers to deal with and one of the hardest parts was I was just thrown into driving this huge van on the streets of Suva. In my last area there were heaps of just big dirt roads with no traffic at all and it was just so easy to drive on, but now...... I'm driving this huge 12 passenger van on these big city roads with lots of street lights and traffic etc... wow its testing me... hahah but no crashes so far. Life is just crazy. Right now I feel more strongly then ever that God calls inadequate people to do his work so that they will rely on him in their weakness and be able to do great things through him. Yet another challenge lies ahead but as alma said "I Know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak, therefore I will not boast in myself but I will boast in my God, for in his strength I can do all things." Life is crazy but the church is true! I love you all!

Elder Mumford

My district saying goodbye to me at the airport!

And having to say goodbye to my son:( Love you Elder Giacalone



 Me Dabbing
Me and my new comp! Elder Kubera. He is just the man. He  is from Hawaii and has been my Zone leader before. I never thought in a million years I would be able to serve with him but I'm so excited. And we are actually in the mission office for this picture. That's where we email now #fancy
And I got to watch all of conference in our ward this time which was awesome!  Just sipping hot cocoa listening to the living prophet! #ChurchIsTrue






No comments:

Post a Comment