Monday, October 3, 2016

Well guys sorry emails have been so spotty lately.  We have just been so busy with different travel and things like that. But as always I'm just living the dream out here in Fiji. There is nothing else I would rather be doing then teaching the only true gospel to these amazing people of Fiji.

 I don't have heaps of time to write but I just wanted to share one great story with you guys of what I consider a miracle. So last transfer me and my old companion were proselyting and we talked to this guy, just a quick "Hello. How are you?" type thing and we thought he was kind of off but we never thought anything of it. So the next week we were in the same village talking to some members and they told us that the guy we had talked to was so excited that we speak Fijian because he thought we only spoke English and that he wanted to join our church. They also told us that he is completely deaf.... that's why our convo was a bit off with him. There was no way I was going to let this opportunity pass but we wondered how in the world we were going to be able to teach him. But we just said a prayer and went anyways. We got there and found out that he is really good at reading lips however our lips move a bit different when we speak Fijian compared to natives so he couldn't understand us very well. So anyways after a few weeks of thinking as hard as we could me and my comp came up with a new strategy to teach him. SO what we did is we brought a white board and a dry erase marker into the lessons and then our whole lesson written on strips of paper. So what we do is we just give him one strip of paper at a time to teach him and then use the whiteboard to say anything that we feel the spirit prompting us to say. Not going to lie our lessons were pretty rough at first trying to get used to teach on a whiteboard but after some adjusting  and way too many prayers we found some great success. He has now received the first 3 lessons, reads the Book of Mormon everyday, and wants to be baptized this month. GUYS I don't know what else to say besides this church is so true. It is able to bless every single persons life on this earth, and I just love to be able to share it to all the world. I love you all! Have a great week!


Elder Mumford



Me and Elder Giacalone in the car. In other news we actually hit a goat head on yesterday. Pretty freaking crazy... hahaha
And me crying with happiness because the Elders brought Burger King for me and my comp up to the north for zone conference.
THIS IS ME AND MY DISTRICT. Literally the most fun district I've ever had. We just all have way too much fun being missionaries!


And this is us showing off our smooth legs. Elder Halbert always waxes his legs so I decided to give it a try and before you know it we all pretty much did it. Lol I'm not really sure why I did it and I still feel a bit weird about it but hey my legs are smooth. hahah Don't judge me #LegsofADolphin

No comments:

Post a Comment