Monday, October 17, 2016

LIFE


What's up homies?

Man it's been such a busy, and crazy week but I figured I would get my group email out first to try to explain a little bit  of all that happened. Life is so crazy but man it's so fun. There is no where else I would rather be then here doing missionary work!

So Monday a mini hurricane hit Fiji, which made rugby heaps of fun in the rain and mud.

Tuesday was just a headache of a day. So a majority of this week has been spent at the LTA (Fiji equivalent of the DMV) because I need to get my license like pronto because my comp doesn't have his. So the test was scheduled for Tuesday but they pushed it back to Thursday. I don't even know why.... but we did the drivers test on Thursday and then they said we would have to wait another week for the results to be processed.... Seriously these drivers places are the same everywhere you go, just horrible... But this means that me and Elder Kubera are walking until we get that drivers license.... And man we don't have a very small area so it's been fun to say the least. Suva is just so humid and wet and man it's taking a toll. We come home with our shirts completely soaking wet no joke... hahah But it's been fun!

Wednesday we got up, went for a run and got ready and then Sister Layton called to wish me a happy birthday. I seriously totally forgot it was my bday until she called. But I'm 21 now so that's pretty neat. We had a leadership training meeting that day which was amazing and they had pizza and brownies so my life was good. Sister Layton put a candle on mine and they all sang happy bday which was fun.

Thursday- Sunday were literally all spent tracting no joke. We had so much fun just trying to teach as many people as would want to listen. Because everyone is so passionate about their religions here in Fiji, we get denied a lot, probably because we are so bold. But this is the true church so we have to proclaim it! haha

Saturday I got to go on exchanges with the AP's. I went to their area and worked with Elder Harris, which funny story we actually stayed in the same building in the BYU dorms for the first semester I was there but he left on his mission after first semester. He literaly lived right above me. small world. But anyways he is the best Elder. We had such a great exchange.  I learned so much and it was just awesome.

Sunday man this is such a great ward. About 80 people showed up to church which is unheard of and our Bishop is so on top of his calling. It makes missionary work so much easier its unreal! One of the biggest highlights of Sunday was one of the less active members we are teaching named Brother Vulono came to church! This was his first time back. Me and Elder Kubera had a great lesson with him where we promised him that if he strived to read the scriptures and pray daily, then go to church on Sunday that Heavenly Father would help him with every single problem he had in his life! And sure enough he came to church! His first day back our bishop gave him a calling to count the attendance in Sunday school and it was awesome to see how excited he was to have a calling in the church again! Man it's just so amazing to see the gospel of Jesus Christ change lives. This church is true, there is no doubt about it! I love you all. Have a good week!


Elder Mumford


Ate some oyster clam things and they gave intense diarrhea.... 

LTA (like the DMV)

These are some pictures of us putting in that work walking #WeightLoss




Me and Elder Alonzo who I served 6 months with in Rabi.  He's my district leader now and it's great.

and then exchanges with Elder Harris!

I found a DR Pepper and I almost cried because they are pretty rare in Fiji #Blessed
Our flat. Man a real big upgrade from three months ago showering in a bucket.... 






These are my new little friends I found at church. Gosh little Fijian girls are the cutest.






No comments:

Post a Comment